Tuesday, January 18

To my dear child

 In Psychology, we had to write  a letter to our child to give to them on their 17th birthday this is mine:

Happy 17th Birthday. I have no clue what you are feeling in your heart or what your thoughts are in your mind, but i can only hope that you are a lot like myself. I want to start by saying how much I LOVE you, and I hope i have done SOMETHING right so you love me too. I want to write this letter, so you can know what my feelings were as a 17-year-old kid like yourself. I want to share with you what i think about life, now that i have experienced 17+ years of it. I haven't got it all figured out yet - but i've seen it's ugly truths and realities. I've also seen it's possibilities and miracles. I can truly say that the world is not what you thought it was when you were five, but the best thing in the world is, you can make it whatever you want. You were born in the era of dreams. You can move mountains, fly, or become a star. You may be discouraged. You may think that since you are only ONE person, you may not be able to make a difference. That's the only way changed has been possible before. With ONE person. You can be the one person to start a revolution. You can do anything. Don't feel the weight of the world on your shoulders. The Earth isn't supposed to be perfect, not yet. We cannot do great things on this earth. Only small things with great love. One act of kindness would make me just as proud of you than if you were to save someon'es life. It's what's inside your heart that counts.
 There may be some traits I possess that you may also have. I love my determination. When I want to achieve something, nothing that anybody says can change my mind. I may take advice into consideration but I make the choice for mySELF. I also have many dreams an goals that nobody can take away from me. Reality can't stop me from believing in my dreams.
 Somethings i dislike about myself aare my moodswings and tendencies to be alone. A lot of the time, I don't feel good enough, then i'll be angry at myself because i have the potential! Sometimes I push people away because i don't know how to react. My mom, my friends, guys, and mostly my dad.
 My dreams are one of the most important parts of my life. One of my dreams is to become a nurse, so i can make people feel better. I especially want to help people in countries that don't have any ways to recieve help. Another one of my dreams is to provide my sisters Kaylee and Lexi with a life that they feel special in. I want to give them a life better than my own and a life that makes up for what they've had to go through at such young ages. I want them to be strong mentally, physically, and emotionally. I want them to be respectful and kind. Most importantly, I want them to be loving and have love for every being and creature. I believe, that i can help them develop these traits by my example, care that i provide them with, and motivation + rewards that will turn tasks into simple pleasures so after a while they will want to accomplish things just for the joy of getting it done. I believe all of this can be accomplished through love.
 It may be a guilty pleasure of mine, but i love to watch movies. Movies are so amazing to me. It's putting life on a tape. Genius. I have many favorites. I love Disney movies the most, but some of my favorites are not Disney. Moulin Rouge is such an amazing love story. The boy in the striped pajamas is truly heartfelt. One of my favorite Disney movies is Pocahontis. The message it obtains is so powerful; of nature, diversity, and love. I think the reason i love movies so much is because of the message each one has. Watching a movie can change a person's life. I can say that according to myself and my own life. I love seeing a movie and seeing how it influences my life in one way or another.
 I love tv shows because they also influence my life. It may bring joy and happiness into my life.
 I love reading SO much. It has made me really smart and has made me really good at English and History. I have too many favorites to share them all but two of my favorites at the moment are: Wintergirls by Laurie Anderson, and The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy. I don't know if you will like to read but i have a feeling you will. My mom read to me a lot when i was little, so i fell in love with the stories that filled the books. You never know how much you can learn from books just by looking at the cover.
 I like to write poems, but i don't usually read other people's. After age 12 it becomes part of the teenager's secret life it seems. I haven't written one for a while, but i usually do when i'm going through a major emotional point in my life.
 Music is kind of like poems, except way better in my opinion because you can find a type that you can relate to and that you find catchy. I love concerts because it's a way for people to come together and bond over something they care so deeply about. Concerts are places to go, have fun, and share happiness. I love artsists like Eminem, Paramore,and Chiodos. Musical and Broadway music is my favorite too.
Photographs are a creative way to capture life and it's many different things life has to offer. I love p[ictures and I love top take pictures. I also enjoy scrapbooking photos, and editing them to make them the best they can be.
 I would like to advise you about many things. I will try to be breif since you have most likely gone through seventeen years of my advice. For school, if you are excellent in Math and Reading, anything is possible. For friends, it's better to have one true friend than to have a lot of fake friends. Always have manners towards your friends and teachers. Business-wise, it is better to know more people and stay friends with everyone. Also, tell the truth but in a nice way. Be a Dramer, not a Realist, and you will LEAD a great life!
 Child, I would like for you to be like me except for one thing, my difficulty moving past things. The past does not make who you are,  and does not predict your future. I will hopefully come to accept that better after i turn 18 and start living the life i would like to be living.
 I want you to be a bright, positive person, because sometimes it's hard for me to do that. You will be a much more happier person if you do that.
 I want you to be a Leader to everyone around yopu, and I want you to do good. I want you to be a very loving person. I hope i am a good parent and that you look up to me. I also hope you are proud of your daddy and that he is a great example and great man because then that means that my biggest dream has come true.
I Love You!
                    Love, Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment